[pct-l] MID MARCH hike

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 22:44:36 CST 2013

I just drove over Donner Pass this afternoon and although there is a lot
less snow today than there was 2 months ago, it is still a good covering.
 You might make it through as it is now, but the weather outlook is for
snow on Sunday and a good dump on Wednesday and possibly more after that.
 We've finally got a few storms backed up one after the other out in the
Pacific and heading in.  If you have the flexibility, I'd get all packed up
to go and just see what it's like when your departure date approaches and
run south if these back to back dumps materialize.  If they do, the
Northern Sierra is not where you want to spend a nice mid-March break.

Shroomer