[pct-l] MID MARCH hike

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Mar 2 19:34:07 CST 2013

Oh h*ll yeah! It's gorgeous right now. We've done some backpacking in
January and February. This weekend would have been really nice. In
the Los Padres, though, not on the PCT. I think we've been able to
see some snowy peaks in the San Gabriels from some of our day hikes.
Probably Baldy, which is near Wrightwood. If you really want to do
some PCT hiking in March, pick a nice weather window and do Agua
Dulce to Mojave. The wildflowers in the desert may be blooming
(although I think I heard they are expecting the peak this year to be
early April.)