[pct-l] Wise dehydrated food and other bulk disaster foods

Patrick Seibt texaspoo666 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 13:35:45 CST 2013

Hey there,

I am starting to put together my food for my mail drops and was wondering
if the best way to purchase dehydrated foods was in bulk off Amazon and
other discount companies. I am on kind of a tight budget and need calories.
Hs anyone had success using companies like this and does anyone have any
suggestions for high calorie CHEAP backpacking foods. I am starting in
Campo and will start buying stuff for my first couple of maildrops this
week so I can get them sent off. I am leaving April 15 and need some input
before the end of the week so I will have time to order the food and get it
packaged and sent before I leave. I wanna leave yesterday but gotta have
that food. Getting stoked for my thru hike and want to make sure I have
enough calories. I weigh about 162 so I am figuring I will need between
5000 and 6000 calls a day.
Thanks and see you out there!

Patrick aka TexasPoo