[pct-l] [John Muir Trail] Hiking sticks.

Dennis Phelan dennis.phelan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 12:34:47 CST 2013

I used to use twist-lock poles, a pair that I got with my snow shoes, but
bought a pair of cam-locks becasue I found the twist-locks were too hard to
adjust the length especially if your hands were wet.  I use my poles for
tent supports and I find the cam-locks allow for quick adjustments to get a
tight pitch.  I do agree with Chuck though about wanting a pole that will
collaspe rather than bend.  the cam-locks are hard to set so they do this
while the twist-locks are easier to do this with.  So far I have been lucky
and haven't bent a pole.

Dennis