[pct-l] Wise dehydrated food and other bulk disaster foods

Laura Reed 1pint2007 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 14:24:12 CST 2013

Patrick -
Several years ago, I shopped the online sales and purchased a bunch of
dehydrated meals from different sources. Unfortunately, I had many of them
expire before I was able to use them. Partly that was due to breaking an
ankle and getting off trail pretty early on, thereby quickly reducing the
number needed, but it was also because some were only good for 5 or 6
months after I purchased them (maybe that's why they were on sale?!) and
that expiration date passed before my thru would have finished. Based only
on my experience, I'd suggest you purchase 1/2 of the meals you think you
will want to eat. When you hit Echo Lake or thereabouts, you could order
the second half. By then you would know if you're starting to hate or love
any particular flavor/brand more than others.
1Pint/Laura