[pct-l] Beginner experience level

Elizabeth Clements elizabethjoyclements at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 16:03:12 CST 2013

Hello all,
I have a couple questions for everyone.  I am a beginner backpacker
(I've done day hikes and a few overnight trips).  How many beginners
hike the pct?  Would anyone thru hiking this year consider themselves
a beginner?  I'm still trying to decide if I should go this year as
planned or wait till next year.  Also, I'm a solo, 27 year old female
and hear it's best to have a partner starting at the Mexican border,
are there others that would be interested in starting out for the
first couple days with a partner around May 1-ish?  Thanks, Elizabeth