[pct-l] Plantar Fasciitis

Carl Umland olhiker2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 16:00:30 CST 2013

Brittany,
 I pretty much overcame the P.F. symptoms by using "Superfeet" insoles to
support my arches and a lot of calf stretching (like every 15-20 minutes )
while hiking. I'll find a rock or stump that projects about 2-3" above the
ground, on or next to the trail. I do it one foot at a time. While stepping
on the rock on the ball of my foot, I let my heel drop down while exhaling
and leaning slightly foward don't hold your breath, try to "blow away the
pain". I needed less stretching as the miles added up.
 This method got me from Kennedy Meadows to Reds Meadow in 2007 and a lot
further since then.
Best,
Mulestomper