[pct-l] mental health event for kick-off

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Wed Mar 6 02:31:28 CST 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes
<diane at santabarbarahikes.com> wrote:
> I think one tiny aspect of difficulty in readjusting is that nobody
> on Earth except other hikers understands what you have done.

At the kick off, I try to limit my conversations with the current
season's hopefuls.

Their reality of what they expect the trail to be, is so far removed
from my reality of what the trail was for me, that there is so much
disconnect that meaningful conversations about their new adventure are
really impossible

I'll catch them the next year, when our realities are more in sync :-)