[pct-l] Beginner experience level

Ronald Heinz ronhikesthewest at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 06:25:48 CST 2013

for me its the same..its my first thru-hike and i've been preparing myself
for the trail since nearly a year.

In terms of gear, re-supplies and the terrain..and than i read something
new and different from other, more experienced hikers which already
finished the PCT.. i've tried to learn from the mistakes of others and
Yogi's PCT books helped me a lot and lets me reconsider/refine my strategy.
During the last few weeks i've felt like I'm not prepared good enough
(water sources in the desert, food mail drops..) This has changed a lot in
the last days. Lets see how my increased theory knowledge works in
real-life situations..

I agree with David: Better do it now - i don't know what's gonna happen
next year..this could be the time of my life.

I hope to find a hiking partner (or partners) who has a compatible
hiking-style, maybe there are some hikers when i start at the 24/25th.