[pct-l] Lightweight pack with straps set wider apart

John Abela john at hikelighter.com
Wed Mar 6 12:35:35 CST 2013

I tested out some backpacks a month or so ago that Gossamer Gear is
working on that has straps that are both wider apart at the sewing
point, and angled outwards. I am really hoping that they will get them
into production before the kickoff.  Also, we of course have the
mystery backpack that Brian Frankle (the hiker who started ULA) is
developing with Six Moon Designs. One would have to think that if
Brian is coming in out of the woods, it is going to be for something
big. Might be worth holding off as long as possible to see what they
release. I would be amazed if they do not release before the ADZPCTKO.
Knowing Ron, he might actually have the very first ones at the
ADZPCTKO. But, than again, who knows what those two guys are working
on... it might not be out for another year.