[pct-l] Plantar Fasciitis and KT Tape

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 20:20:58 CST 2013

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Herb Stroh <HStroh at sjmslaw.com> wrote:
> Schroomer wrote:
>
> "Born to Run," by Christopher McDougall, a wonderful sports/medical
> anthropology/personal overuse injury recovery story....This
> is the book that has begun to challenge what Nike and others have done to
> our feet over the past 40 years and the reason all big shoe manufacturers
> now have "barefoot shoe" lines.  The gist is that we've padded and
> supported our feet so much that we now have a culture of people with weak
> feet, a society prone to PF and a host of other injuries that were nearly
> nonexistent before Nike introduced the arch support in 1970."
>

> Can I get an "amen"??

Amen!!! I borrowed the audio book from the library and I'm halfway
through it so far. Great story!

I went for a nice hike today and practiced walking with a more flat
footed gait and my new New Balance mt1010 trail runners (NB
sponsorship offers will be considered, send them to me at this email
address immediately! ;-), and I am sold. My feet feel great! No more
high arch support and heavily padded shoes for me. I have always had
suppination problems from a leg length discrepancy, I am anxious to
see if that is reduced or goes away.

Now to just lose 60 pounds so my ankles will feel as good as my feet!
The rest of me is ready to do it again tomorrow!!

Dan Jacobs
Washougal
--
"Loud motorcycle stereos save lives."