[pct-l] impact of a thru-hike

Tom Holz tom.holz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 19:52:15 CDT 2013

On Mar 10, 2013, at 3:13 PM, Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes <diane at santabarbarahikes.com> wrote:
> Before you go, you are full of what-ifs, but once you are out there,
> every what if actually does have a solution, even if the solution
> is something you would never think of  in the comfort of your
> own home.

We are getting away from the original subject of plantar fasciitis, but... Yes!

For me, thru-hiking is a balance of single-minded determination and flexibility to adapt to circumstances that you cannot foresee.  For someone like me--who guaranteed success by only attempting what I could sufficiently understand, plan, and predict the outcome of--developing confidence to move forward into uncertainty was life-changing.

Bigfoot