[pct-l] rechargeable steri-pen; how long does a charge last?

Rees Hughes Rees.Hughes at humboldt.edu
Mon Mar 11 19:25:47 CDT 2013

My rechargeable Steri-pen still uses batteries.  I have two sets of
rechargeable batteries and while one set is powering the Steri-pen the
other is in the solar charger.  Three of us relied upon this system while
walking the JMT this past summer.  We monitored the durability of the
charged batteries and consistently got between 30 - 35 liters.  It took
several days to recharge the batteries and that was in an environment with
significant sun.  Overall, we were pleased with the system -- the
batteries, the charger, and the Steri-pen.

Rees Hughes

--
Rees Hughes
Co-Editor, *The Pacific Crest Trailside Reader: California*