[pct-l] SMOKING ON THE TRAIL

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 09:46:03 CDT 2013

Better check with the U.S. Forest service. Due to the fire hazard in most areas, smoking is banned, as are campfires, on most of the PCT. Wildfires have been started by PCT hikers.  I recall, in 2008, that the Apatche Fire on California Section B was started by a smoker. The Forest Service shut down the trail to all. We had to go around between Fobes Saddle and Idalwild. They caught the hiker, who had to pay a heavy fine.

Do not even consider smoking on the PCT. There are PCT users, including myself, who love the PCT, who will turn you in.

MendoRider-Hiker