[pct-l] FOOOOD! Now with sources!

Jennifer Zimmerman jenniferlzim at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 11:28:32 CDT 2013

I've had good luck with Rainy Day foods (for dried veggies; expensive
shipping) and Honeyville (for various flavored TVPs; good deal on shipping
when I ordered).

I made a quick-and-dirty price list from a few different sources comparing
veggies I was likely to buy.  Rainy Day usually had the best prices
assuming you're buying #10 cans.  I compared them to North Bay Trading Co.,
Harmony House, and PackIt Gourmet (which seemed to have very similar prices
to Harmony House). I'd be happy to elaborate if there's interest.

I usually dry veg at home.  Ordering dehydrated staples like this is more
expensive than doing it yourself, but when factoring in time and dehydrator
real-estate this was by far the better option for us.  Most of the time
both our driers (a 5-tray Excalibur and a 10-tray LEM I call Frankenstein)
were already occupied with full meals.