[pct-l] smoking on the trail

Taylor Matheson tmatheson33 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 15:14:35 CDT 2013

Chris,
This is great haha. This reminds me of the " how not to be an a-hole on the trail " thread when people even complaining about hikers leaving notes written in the dirt. I feel like im back in high school again with the petty banter on this list sometimes. What happen to hyoh? But anywho to answer your question I'm sure you will run into a couple of people on the trail that smoke.Pct and day. But with the short time it takes you'll most likely not run across anyone while in the act.  Based on the way some of these people are reacting to you there's probably a lot more that wont come forward about it because they don't want to get all the B.S. comments like you have. Also just throwing this out there, not to discourage you but to pass on a  personal experience, its legal in the states but national parks are federal land which means federal laws apply and state laws do not. so just watch out for the men in green and tan when in those areas.  haha Happy trails. Smoke on.