[pct-l] "Born to Run" hypothesis

Dennis Phelan dennis.phelan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 10:10:26 CDT 2013

I asked a running coach I have a great deal of respect for about her
opinion of the "flat" running shoes and I thought she give a wise answer.
"it took us a long time to adjust our feet to the current style of shoes
and it takes a long time to retrain our feet to use the flat sole shoes"  I
know the product literature advises gradually increasing your wearing
time.  I am not sure how long or how gradual the change over needs to be,
but starting a long hike with this style of shoe, without re-training your
feet may not be the best thing to do.

Dennis P