[pct-l] Smoking on the trail

Devon Taig devon.taig at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 15:45:49 CDT 2013

Yeah, I'm sure legally you're right Dan...It's just that it doesn't quite
pass the "Mom test" - which is to say that my Mom picks up PCT hikers
whenever she gets the chance - she does that because she is a nice person
and assumes that you won't be breaking any laws yourself.  But if she knew
you had non-medical pot in your backpack, she wouldn't stop. Not that she
would likely find out (though I learned when I was 16 that she actually can
smell as well as a bloodhound)...it's just something to think about...I
don't really like the argument, "what you don't know won't hurt you".  A
good percent of folks who will be picking up us backpackers this season
aren't cool with it.

River