[pct-l] solar charger

Judson Brown judsonwb at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 16:22:34 CDT 2013

Hi, folks,

Sorry if this topic has been hashed out already, but a quick archive search
wasn't fruitful.

I'm looking for a backpacking-appropriate solar charger. I used a
powermonkey set up last year on the JMT, and it was all but useless.
Halfway thru the trip, it became unresponsive and was just dead weight in
my pack. I would never buy a product from them again, but I'm unfamiliar
with other brand options.

I am only interested in keeping my phone and iPod charged, so I don't need
a ton of power; just something reliable and easy to use.

Any suggestions?

Judson/bunnyslayer

Bend, OR