[pct-l] ursacks

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 01:40:32 CDT 2013

I use one all the time.  In southern California I've had a cougar nibble on
the bottom of my bag.  I got to watch that.  It also helped when I suddenly
decided to go to ADZPCTKO.  I didn't want to carry my heavy food bag down
the mountain only to have to carry it back up.  There were only low lying
trees, but that was okay.  I hung my Ursack to it and didn't come back to
it until two weeks later.  There were tiny rodent holes near the top, but
none of my food was compromised.

I love my Ursack.  I wouldn't hike without it unless I'm using a bear
canister.