[pct-l] ADZPCTKO Campsite Policy

Greg Hummel bighummel at aol.com
Tue Mar 19 18:01:04 CDT 2013

Lake Morena, our host for the past 15 years, allows us to have only a limited number of campers at the KO.  In the past, we've had a general policy of finding a campsite for all aspiring thru-hikers, whether registered or walk-in. Last year, with increased demand, we overflowed and our gracious hosts were so kind as to ignore this one time.  This year we're facing the same issue, a full campground and no where to put walk-ins. Thus, if you walk-in to the KO expecting a place to camp, you need to revise this expectation.  When we reach full capacity, and we don't know when that will be with no-shows and cancellations, you will be turned away and directed to continue hiking up the trail to find a responsible campsite on the north side of the park. You are then welcome to walk back to the campground during the day and evening to enjoy the activities.

Happy trails,

Greg Hummel
ADZPCTKO Wagonmaster

My favorite transportation is my legs!