[pct-l] music on trail

dm at quixnet.net dm at quixnet.net
Wed Mar 20 08:06:32 CDT 2013

From: surferskir at aol.com

Subject: Re: [pct-l] Music

To: abilenebushong at hotmail.com, pct-l at backcountry.net

What's with all this music stuff.

When I go hiking I want to get away form all that urban noise.

Listen to your footfalls; listen the brooks babble; listen to the birds
sing; listen to the crickets and cicadas; listen to the waterfalls.

Look at all the wonders.  You can almost hear with your eyes!

That music will still be there when you get back, but the sounds and scenes
you passed through on the trail will not.

--Dennis--

I'll give a hearty second to that! About half the people I pass while
backpacking around the local nature center have earbuds in their ears and
that glazed look in their eyes.