[pct-l] Sizing up the herd

Ernie Castillo erniec01 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 21 10:57:01 CDT 2013

Re-sending with the intended subject line.

The PCTA web  site (http://www.pcta.org/) lists the names of hikes who have completed the trail. The specific link is http://www.pcta.org/discover-the-trail/long-distance-hiking/2600-miler-list/. You can view specific years.

By the way, you will find my name in the 1980 list. That said, I have been very honest in explaining to people that my Mexico to Canada has a footnote. I skipped sections because of a (1) serious leg injury and (2) the trail closure in Washington caused by the Mt. St. Helens explosion. So by today's standards, I wouldn't qualify as a "thru hiker." But I don't let that downplay the accomplishments hiking the PCT and spending half a year in the wilderness.

Ernie Castillo
PCT Class of 1980 (1 of 32)