[pct-l] Cougars

Diarmaid Harmon irishharmon at comcast.net
Thu Mar 21 11:11:18 CDT 2013

Hey Steel-eye.

 I have seen many sings of cougar in and around Mt Hood. I started following a set of tracks one year when I was snowshoeing at Enid lake I realized I hat walked in a big circle and the cat was following me as I followed it. I have only seen a cougar once and that was at Fish Creek. I was camped at the Armstrong campground and was up early drinking coffee with my back to a tree. The cougar came out of the underbrush across the river and started to drink. I don't know to this day what spooked the cat but it suddenly retreated back in to the brush. A very cool sighting but I feel I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Irish.

Sent from my iPhone