[pct-l] White Gas, Meals, KO, Postage, Canada

Lindsay Blythe lindsay_b4 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 21 20:47:59 CDT 2013

Hey all,

I have a few questions, pardon my ignorance.

1. About how much white gas do you go through on a Whisperlite during the whole trail? Is it more efficient to use a smaller stove or Jetboil?
2. Does anyone have some suggestions on diet? I have no restrictions, I'm just wondering how to break up the monotony and which foods are best preserved.
3. Is a May 9th kick off way too late?
4. I've heard that you can forward packages to yourself and this is cheaper. Can you pay for postage in advance this way? Is it easier to have someone send your packages?
5. I don't have a passport, but I can bring a copy of my birth certificate, will they let me back in to the US?

Thanks,
Lindsay