[pct-l] Oprah and low snow provide a record year

Heather McLean kreekwa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 22:16:11 CDT 2013

Hi Norseman,

I think you'll get as many answers as there are people to your questions -
I tend to agree with Dicentra in that social media has certainly increased
the information and interest in the PCT (or any trail for that matter) - I
know I've watched plenty of You Tube videos on many of the trails I wasn't
familiar with (some informative, some not).
I do agree that the O-Factor has brought a spotlight to the PCT, although
(as Mountain Mom pointed out), fads come and go. I personally didn't care
for the Strayed book, it felt choppy and contrived (may of been the
editing), and did feel there was a lot of fiction to the memoir. Who can
remember long rambling conversations from 15 years ago? Again, to each
his/her own, I didn't like it.

Best ~

Heather "Maps"

Message: 8