[pct-l] Cougar

MARY E DAVISON pastormaryd at msn.com
Fri Mar 22 00:34:03 CDT 2013

I had the good fortune to see a cougar in the  North Cascades north of Stehiken in about 2005. I was hiking with a friend and her dog. I was a block or two ahead inN area of trail twisting through brush so we could not see each other. I looked up and a cougar was perched on the trail uphill of me about 100 yards less. It looked at me and I looked at it. The thought in my mind was: "That's not a dog!" after about 30 seconds the big cat turned away and we t up the trail. I ran back to my friend hollering to put her dog on the leash. I was just afraid we would have a dead dog if she tried to chase the cougar like a chipmunk.

That was my only cougar sighting in many, many years of hiking. I consider myself lucky to have seen one. I have seen tracks numerous times - once in CA was sure somthing was near my  camp because my skin crawled and I felt "funny" that  night and saw cougar tracks in AM. But i only actually saw cougar that once in North Cascades.

Medicare Pastor

Sent from my I phone