[pct-l] Wood stove on PCT

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 23 18:26:59 CDT 2013

This is an exceptionally dry year in Southern California. I suggest that you should check the rules in place for the National Forests through which the PCT passes. Due to the fire hazards, campfires are banned, as are stoves that lack a shut-off valve. This would include most alcohol stoves and wood burning stoves. Campfires are allowed in fire rings in designated vehicle-accessible campgrounds.

Please be V E R Y careful with fire.

The creek that passes through Vasquez Rocks near Agua Dulce, where I live, is dry. It is usually running at this time of year.

MendoRider-Hiker