[pct-l] weather forecasts

juma juma3 at cox.net
Sun Mar 24 07:46:02 CDT 2013

I just noticed the national weather service forecasts can be made for
any point on the PCT-  nws.noaa.gov.  What you do is get a forecast for
a town or known spot like Idyllwild.  Then take your cursor to the
accompany map on the lower right.  Use the mouse roller to zoom in to
the max, then use the direction mover on the map to move the aimpoint
towards the trail.  As you go along, you'll see the trail itself show up
- I never knew it was on the NWS maps. Then you can click on the point
you want a forecast for and the NWS will give you a forecast for that
altitude, longitude and latitude.