[pct-l] Contentious thread on the bikes-on-the-pct facebookgroup

JPL jplynch at crosslink.net
Sun Mar 24 17:54:43 CDT 2013

And tell the offending bikers too.  They may not even realize they're doing
anything wrong, if they're getting their (mis)-information from renegade
bikers.  Example: I was hiking in a local park recently and came across a
couple of bike riders.  The park has trails that are open to, and suitable
for, biking.  They had gotten off on the wrong trail, a hiking only trail
that is built and maintained for hiking only.  I pointed out to them that
they were not supposed to be there. They were very apologetic and asked the
best way to get back to the biking trails.  So it was a good encounter.  I
did report it to a ranger, but suggested that no action was needed and he
agreed.