[pct-l] Which stove this dry year?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Mar 25 09:17:46 CDT 2013

I went stoveless this weekend on a little trip. It worked out so well
I can't see ever using a stove on a hike when the weather is not cold
ever again. I dehydrated my own food for this trip so we're not
talking "easy" rehydrating stuff like mashed potatoes. I made
concoctions of dehydrated sweet potatoes, carrots, kale, green and
kalamata olives, pork tenderloin or chicken breast, golden beets. Put
it in a peanut butter jar, added water and real Japanese miso paste,
waited a few hours, poured a ton of olive oil in there and yum yum
best food ever. Especially the pork. That stuff dehydrates and
rehydrates really well and tastes great. The meats, beets and sweet
potatoes were all cooked before dehydrating.