[pct-l] Wheat-free, dairy-free dinners

Terry tsparks56 at aol.com
Mon Mar 25 18:11:43 CDT 2013

Hi Erin,
I can't help you with your food situation but, as you mentioned in your post regarding shin splints, I think I can be of help for you as I have also suffered terribly from this. If you haven't already done the research and have a pair of Sorbothane insoles, buy a pair of their full length insoles, they are sold on Amazon for roughly $25.00.
I became serious about doing this thru hike about a year ago and one of the first things I knew I needed to do is to learn how to take care of my feet and legs.  I'm an old guy who used to run (marathons) in the early 80's to the point that I was almost crawling because of shin splints. I some how came across a package of Sorbothane insoles that almost doubled the weight of my running shoes but I thought at the time, if these work, at least I can still run.  Trust me, they worked and I never had another problem with shin splints again.
I don't have those original pair of insoles any more but, when I decided to get serious about training for the PCT, I was very, very happy to find them again and I do think it helps my legs, knees and hips stay pain free.

Sent from my iPhone