[pct-l] Leaving TP the cathole

Fred Walters fredwalters2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 08:03:58 CDT 2013

I don't know what type of TP is used in the US, but when I lived in France
the paper would go straight into the septic tank and "disappear" pretty
quickly.  When I have used toilet paper to clean up floor/whatever after
dogs I often compost it (in my compost bin) and that breaks down pretty
quickly.  But in both those cases plenty of water/damp around.

But I assume "the devil is in the detail" and it must depend on many
factors 'cos e.g. desert conditions will probably not be good for rapid
breakdown, depending on what critters are around and what soil is like (if
compacted, digging critters would  be more likely to dig recently dig
ground because t's easier not because of what is at the bottom), etc., etc.