[pct-l] Anyone want to be more terrified of rattlesnakes?

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 29 10:54:45 CDT 2013

Hey- that’s a one a spicey meat a ball’a !!!

Encountered 10 rattlesnakes this past season (2012) between the border (Campo) and and mile 774.6 (Tyndall Creek,) wherein I left the trail (mid October.) Experienced one exceptionally close encounter with a Mojave green. In fact- nearly all of the encounters were up close and personal. In other words, I could have been tagged by a majority of the rattlers, due to a lack of situational awareness. Thankfully, the unmistakable warning sound of the rattler’s tail, alerted me to it’s coiled position. I literally came within inches, sometimes within one to two feet, of stepping on these masters of disguise. To say that I have a newfound respect for these serpents , is an understatement. The images do the headlines justice. To beware... is – to – be - aware. Bring it on! Hiking to Canada this year, bite free.

Full disclosure quandary? Will we be seeing a lion mauling or bear mauling slide show any time soon? Inquiring gratuitous minds want to know... or do they? hmmm

Fair warning: I managed to stimulate my imagination to new bounds by engaging in some light reading before hiking last year, when I “googled” bear attacks on humans. Yeah, that’s the ticket. ;o)

Got a dream boy, got a song, paint your wagon and come along.

PaintYW