[pct-l] old svea

Campy campydog at verizon.net
Sat Mar 30 11:10:17 CDT 2013

> Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 08:03:24 -0700
> From: Tortoise <tortoise73 at charter.net>
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] old svea
> To: Ned Tibbits <ned at mountaineducation.org>, PCT-list
> 	<pct-l at backcountry.net>
>
> I used a Svea for many years and enjoyed both the initial roar then "the sounds of silence" when I turned the thing off.

And also the follow-on Optimus 99, which was a Svea stove re-packaged into a small, rounded-square aluminum box with a fitted cover. The brass gas tank nested inside to resemble an Optimus 8R or 111B, so it sat low on the ground. Accessories provided included an angled aluminum wind screen and a miniature pot gripper to grip the cover which served as a 2-cup pot. Available then from a company in Montrose was a small pump with a replacement fuel cap with check valve. About 3-4 pumps would give the Svea its priming pressure. That handy little pump also nested inside the Optimus 99, so along with a book of matches, that was all you needed for 1 or 2 persons.

==^===  Campy

http://www.trailprojects.com
Time spent doing trail work shall not be deducted from your life!
===^==