[pct-l] Advice for a section hiker?

L C chugach016 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 02:20:58 CDT 2013

I'm seeking advice on a CA section hike for this summer. I'll have about 6
weeks to hike (which for me I'm estimating will be 750-800 miles). My start
date is flexible, between late April and mid/late May. I'll be starting
solo and would like to have hiking company and meet fellow hikers along the
way, so I've been wanting to time my start date and start location to be in
a place where thru-hikers may also be around. My original idea was to start
in Tehachapi (mid May?) but I'm wondering if I should begin further south...

I'd appreciate any thoughts on when/where to begin a section hike of this
length, given that I'm hoping to have hiker company...

Thanks very much!