[pct-l] Early PCT casualtis

Nick Thelen nthelen03 at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 18:00:21 CDT 2013

Noobs are the life blood of any user group - without the youngs' (or not so young) genuine interest in any activity that activity will 'die'.

I don't think anyone thinks an eager hiker is a bad thing....or that if a hike is cut short due to a myriad of reasons that an experienced hiker may have planned for...that's life lesson learned - we've all been there.

The only problem with noobs in this regard is for the safety of themselves, or others who feel the need to assist and cut their own adventure short.

Or for the safety of SAR...or if an unnecessary campfire get outs of control...etc...etc...etc..

That  type of 'noob' no one needs.

my .02