[pct-l] Sleep Aids

lilacs007 at yahoo.com lilacs007 at yahoo.com
Sat May 4 23:05:55 CDT 2013

Okay, this is coming from someone who has narcolepsy, and believe it or not serious insomnia issues. The kind that 2 extended release Ambien won't put to sleep.

I am okay with Benadryl but I feel like I'm very tired after. I did try natural stuff but did nothing for me.
Ambien is okay, but some people do thinks like sleep walk or still feel drowsy (although they now think the dose for women was way too high 12.5- now it's 6.5 I believe)

There is a very inexpensive med called Elavil that works really well for me, and I wake up feeling so much better, like I actually slept! (narcoleptics don't get restorative sleep)

I get a deep, good sleep. The only thing is you start at 25mg and work up. I now take 75mg, 2nd year of use. The problem with some of these meds is that they disrupt the sleep cycle. I occasionally take Ambien but always with Elavil- and I'm okay when I wake up. I used to fall asleep right away after my alarm rang,and had to take a stimulant, wait an hour and get up.

You want to see a sleep doc.
I put things off and had 2 almost accidents going 80 and one day woke up banging my head on a counter top. Sadly sleep apnea is dangerous! And you are probably not sleeping well.

See someone and then make a decision. A word of caution about Benadryl- tell your pharmacy you are taking it, as some medications mixed with it can cause respiratory problems (pain meds, muscle relaxers)

Hope you get some sleep!

Evelyn
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile