[pct-l] Mosquito Madness

Ken Murray kmurray at dr.com
Mon May 6 23:32:44 CDT 2013

Althought someone posted some comments about Permethrin last month that made it sound like a problem, I have researched this and used the product for years. The EPA specifically notes that there are no issue with clothing coated with Permethrin.

I generally spray my clothes at the beginning of the season, once. Most times, I need nothing else. In the worst conditions I can usually get by with Picardin, the feel of which I prefer to DEET, however, sometimes DEET is needed for dire conditions.

Permethrin dramatically cuts down the number of bites. I've never gotten a tick while wearing it, even in severe tick conditions, while I have with DEET.