[pct-l] Camping Sites

Tom Kirk tekirk at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 8 17:30:08 CDT 2013

Subject: Camping Sites

In late June five of us, mostly older men, will hike from Kennedy Meadows to
Horseshoe Meadows.  We are a bit unsure of the miles we can do each day.
Using Halfmile's Trail Notes it appears there are campsites at mile 713.4
just beyond Haiwee Trail;  S. Fork Kern River mile 716.5;  mile 719.2 at Cow
Creek;  Death Canyon Creek at mile 730.8 and  Diaz Creek at mile 741.7.  The
notes indicate Death Canyon is a large camping area but there is no
indication about number of sites at the other locations.  Can anyone provide
an indication?  Are there other spots along this segment not mentioned?

Thanks for help.

tom