[pct-l] ticks and the Sheltowee

Nicole E. Phillips nephils at gmail.com
Wed May 8 23:05:14 CDT 2013

Ticks are HORRIBLE on the east coast. I frequently walk the Pine Barrens of
NJ with my dog and even just last month I left with three ticks in my hair
and felt one crawling up my neck on the car ride home. They give me the
freak outs. This past weekend I also found five on my dog, in the pits of
her hind legs. One was halfway embedded and alive, while the others were
dead but still hanging on. I apply k9 advantage monthly, which until now
had worked to kill attached ticks before they could borrow. I am a little
worried about the one that managed to get halfway in. Regardless, they left
bumps where they started to latch on, I will just have to wait.  But man,
ticks are terrible out here, it's almost enough to keep me from going in
the woods out here.