[pct-l] C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun May 12 08:18:37 CDT 2013

I suppose nobody would gather at the 3rd gate were it not for the
water cache. I suppose that they figure if the fire needs putting out
there's enough water there to do it. However, if they aren't using
the cache water to put the fire out then they aren't putting it out.
I think that all these water caches should go. They make people too
disconnected from their environment. You can hike from Rodriguez
Spring (and there's a real spring further down the road, you don't
need the tank) to Barrel Spring without a cache. It's only one night
between the two. I've gone two nights many times in So Cal carrying
all the water I need.