[pct-l] How many pairs of shoes/ boots do you need

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Mon May 13 00:10:59 CDT 2013

Inspector Gadget wrote:

My trail runners (Brooks Cascadias) usually last about 1300 miles.  Went through two on the PCT last year.

I've observed over the years that many people try to push their shoes farther than they really ought to and end up paying a price in physical injury because of it.  I'm glad that Inspector Gadget was able to get 1300 miles out of his shoes but on average that experience isn't typical or advisable.  I know shoes are expensive but it's probably a good idea to change them out *before* you start to notice the extra punishment your feet are taking because your shoes are dead.

Eric