[pct-l] Admin Note. Must Read. was: The Mountain Bike problem

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Mon May 13 07:33:42 CDT 2013

Admin Note:

Discussions about allowing bikes on the PCT is off topic on this list.
Do not post anything advocating opening the PCT to bicycles.

It is the apparent tactic of the IMBA  (International Mountain Bike
Association) and their cohorts to tenaciously take over communities by
wearing down their opposition by creating non stop controversy, as the
"bikes on the PCT folks" are trying to here

The administrator of this list takes the same position as the PCTA: No
bikes on the PCT.

Vehicular traffic (bicycles) and pedestrians don't mix which is why
most cities do not allow bicycles on the sidewalk.

I am also aware that the Pro Bike group actively monitors this list,
and I specifically deny permission to reproduce this post in whole or
in part to any other location, whether electronically or in print.