[pct-l] Backpacking in Heaven

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon May 13 14:45:52 CDT 2013

One day two long-time hiking buddies are out on the PCT bangingalong the trail.  All at once one of themfalls and is very seriously injured.  Hislong-time partner rushes to him and says, "Look partner, if you get to heavenyou have to let me know if there is backpacking up there.  Please do that and don’t let me down."
Several days after the funeral, the surviving hiker is asleepin his bed in his log cabin just down the street from the trailtownsaloon.  All at once he is awakened by astrange noise and ghost-like figure.
"Who’s there?”
“It is me your trail partner from heaven."
The now awakened hiker says, "Fantastic, is there backpackingup there, pal?"
The ghost hiker responds, "There is good news and badnews.  Yes, there is backpacking upthere.  All our old friends are therehaving a blast.  Even John Muir goes onsome of our hikes."
"Wow.  That isgreat.  What could be the bad news?"
"You are cooking next Tuesday."