[pct-l] C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S / And the Mountain Bike problem

jason povey golobos_55 at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 03:16:28 CDT 2013

The federal govt cares less about you, they are the ones who put up the signs and regulate the trails when its public not federal or state property.  I pay the same taxes you do for public land.  For hikers or horseback riders to take the soap box is a laugh.  If you truly want to protect lands join hands with mnt bikers, it is the same nonsense of skiers v snowboarders, you will not win in the end.  If you dont want me a part of your list serve because I also promote mnt biking, censor.  Censor in the name of the police and govt officials, that speaks volumes for you.  I want to ride my bike in the same places I hike, if you can show me why I cant, if you can logically explain why someone on a horse should be there not physically propelling themselves yet destroying trails is somehow justifiable...point it out.  For an administrator to cut this discussion out speaks volumes, you are not Gods of a trail, its not yours, its not mine, its a trail.
  If I chose to tour it or you choose to hike or ride an animal its ours.  I am sure once this is seen it will be censored.  Keep taking pictures for the authorities, as a former DA and environmentalist you will not win this with such a elitist attitude.  Seeing the old timers or whoever seems to control this trail speak as they do without any education is disheartening. You are your own worst enemy, the more money we can funnel into a trail the more it will protected.  Get off your high horse and realize I have just as much right, as a human, American, tax payer to ride my tour bike as you do to hike or ride an animal instead of actually working as I do to peddle. In re urban riding on sidewalks, i agree, bikes dont belong on pavement...period.