[pct-l] Mountain Bike Posts

Judson Brown judsonwb at gmail.com
Tue May 14 18:51:36 CDT 2013

"Unfortunately it is the Admins choice to disallow any pro-MTB posts...I
find it silly
to that he approves solely 1 sided discussions..."

I don't find it silly at all. This is a forum for backpackers and
equestrians who use and care for the PCT. The people who use this forum and
the people who moderate it have no responsibility, legally or morally, to
provide equal time to all sides of an issue. There is overwhelming
opposition here to use of bicycles on the PCT. If you don't like that, go
elsewhere. It's not meant to be a democratic town hall meeting.

The fact that I have frequently met mountain bikers on the trail- when they
know they're not supposed to be, and then they always proceed to claim
ignorance- makes me interested in hearing the opinions of the mountain
biking community less and less. If they lie and disrespect the trail BEFORE
they are allowed on it, why should one imagine their behavior would improve
AFTER they were allowed?