[pct-l] Mountain Bike Posts

randall welch rwelch5 at att.net
Tue May 14 20:29:36 CDT 2013

Hi Nick,
There is no rub. No one here is assuming that the trail is their personal or
private property. The trail is open to everyone who uses it within the bounds of
current law. The trail is fully accessible to you and your friends...no person
is excluded.

However, many activities are prohibited on the trail. For instance, offroad
vehicles (ORV's) are not allowed, no matter how they are powered (human, or
motor driven).
Unfortunately for your group, you really aren't seeking to gain access, because
you already have access. The truth is, what you and your group are seeking is a
form of special access above and beyond what is afforded to all other use
groups. Worse, you seek special privilege for an activity that is already
specifically prohibited. This is where your group and its approach to the issue
seems dubious and/or dishonest. After all, this issue isn't about "Sharing the
PCT", because it's already being shared with you. This is more about your group
wanting special ORV access to the trail...Isn't it?
Randy