[pct-l] How to Mojave

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Wed May 15 16:01:03 CDT 2013

Porsche,
I was lucky in 2010; we almost froze thru there - 45* and very windy. It snowed on us that night at Tylerhorse Canyon. Some hikers start in the middle of the night, to avoid the flat walking under the hot sun. The wind blows almost constantly, so you may not feel as hot as you would in still air. But this translates to the need for much more water than you would normally drink per mile.
Good luck.
Mango