[pct-l] Mail/Food Drops

Tree M tkmast at yahoo.com
Wed May 15 16:01:05 CDT 2013

Hmm.. A lot of questions in one problem.  I'm doing a little over 1/2 the trail leaving about June 15th. I've been studying (literally) Yogi's guide on mail drops and understand the thought behind buy-as-you-go vs. mail ahead and a combination thereof.  So - a couple of months ago I bought some freeze dried dinners in bulk and have made some breakfast type bars, etc.  I'd like to send the majority of it from home all at once. Can I do that?  If I send stuff up to Stehekin, for instance, in mid-June, will it still be there in a couple of months?  I'm trying to utilize the freeze dried and other stuff I already have and supplement and send ahead smaller stuff on trail. Thoughts? I feel like I'm making this way harder than it has to be, but logistics haven't really ever been my strong point. I just like to walk (haha).

Thanks,